Request for Unclaimed Dividend Disbursement
REQUESTS FOR UNCLAIMED DIVIDEND DISBURSEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED OVER THE COUNTER
- A Motion to Withdraw Moneys under 28 USC 2042. Complete all portions of the motion, except the date and time for a hearing. If a hearing is required, you will be notified.
- An Affidavit for Reimbursement of Unclaimed Dividends (this MUST be notarized). This must contain the CLAIMANT’S tax identification number and or social security number, name, current address, and telephone number. The locator company may sign the affidavit for the creditor (with signed power of attorney).
- An Affidavit stating that the U.S. Attorney’s Office was mailed a copy of the Motion to
Withdraw Moneys. The Motion needs to be mailed to the U.S. Attorney’s Office at the
333 Las Vegas Blvd. So.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
- If applicable, an ORIGINAL Power of Attorney (MUST BE notarized). Corporations should attach their corporate seal, if they have one. The documentation verifying names, addresses and signatures. THE COURT MUST BE IDENTIFIED IN THE POWER OF ATTORNEY.
- CLAIMANT IS A CORPORATION
If the claimant has changed names in any way from the name submitted on the Notice for Unclaimed Dividends (when funds were paid to the court), please attach the proper documentation showing a brief history of the claimant to the present.
- Make sure that ALL names of the claimant are proven to be the same entity.
- Name(s) of previous and present owner(s).
- Copies of Certificate of Merger, Certificate of fictitious name, Purchase
agreement and stipulation as to the rights of ownership and any other
documentation that will be necessary for the Court to determine the validity of the
- Documentation that shows that debtor is the same debtor as listed on the Notice for Unclaimed Dividends. The claimant will need a some form of documentation that shows the claimants name and the address listed on the Notice for Unclaimed Dividend. (i.e. tax forms, utility bill, etc.) IF the claimant does not have such records, an affidavit to that effect will be required.
- CLAIMANT IS AN INDIVIDUAL
- Photostatic copy of the claimant’s current driver’s license.
- Documentation that shows that debtor is the same debtor as listed on the Notice for Unclaimed Dividends. The claimant will need some form of documentation that shows the claimants name and the address listed on the Notice for Unclaimed Dividend. (i.e. tax forms, utility bill, etc.) IF the claimant does not have such records, an affidavit to that effect will be required.
- If the claimant is requesting reimbursement due to a death or divorce of the
- Photostatic copy of claimant’s current driver’s license.
- Death certificate.
- Proof of relationship to original claimant and proof that the requesting claimant is entitled to the dividend. (i.e. will, divorce decree, etc.)
- Proof the original claimant was the same party the trustee was unable to make payment to and then forwarded to the court’s unclaimed dividend account.
- The name, address and CURRENT phone number of the claimant.
- If a locator company is assisting retrieving the funds from the court, pursuant to Local Rule 3011, a copy of the fee agreement specifically disclosing the services rendered, agreement of commission , fees, compensation or reimbursement of expenses, and the amount requested.
- DOCUMENTATION which has been altered will not be processed.
- All requests must be submitted using our format and must meet all the above requirements. Requests which do not meet the requirements will not be considered by the court. Please enclose a phone number so that notification can be made of deficiency (s) in the request. Paperwork will be maintained for 30 days. If the deficiency is not remedied or notification given to the court within the 30 days, the court will issue a Notice of Deficiency. A new motion and documentation will be required, if the claimant wants to pursue the request after the Notice of Deficiency has been entered.
* If a locator company is assisting, checks are issued to the claimant and mailed in care of
the locator company.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE SENT
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
ATTN: Financial Department
300 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89101