- Case Management (CM) / Electronic Case Filing (ECF)
- Training and Registration
- CM/ECF Hardware/Software Requirements
CM/ECF Hardware/Software Requirements
Attorneys will need the following hardware and software to electronically file, view, and retrieve documents in the electronic filing system.
- A personal Windows or Apple Macintosh (Mac) computer
- Internet access with a compatible browser
- Firefox 2.0
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0
- Portable Document Format (PDF) Conversion Software - to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Examples: Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer, as well as certain word processing programs can perform this function. Adobe Acrobat Version 5 and higher meet the CM/ECF filing requirements. For viewing documents, not authoring them, only Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed.
- Word processing package - Mac or windows-based versions of WordPerfect and Word whose output can be converted to PDF format.
- Scanner - to create PDFs of documents currently only available in paper format
Mac User Login
Identify the operating system you are using from the list below to determine how you may log into CM/ECF.
- Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) - you may use the regular login hyperlink (rather that the special Mac-only hyperlink)
- Leopard (OS X 10.5.4 release or greater) - you may use the regular login hyperlink (rather that the special Mac-only hyperlink)
- Leopard (OS X 10.5) - use the Mac-only hyperlink to file in CM/ECF